Sunday, February 5, 2012

January

January turned out to be anything but BLAH!!! We celebrated Jonathan and Chad's birthday while the DFE family was here. Lincoln and Kate came for a week of skiing. I've started classes at the U and Canyon's Continuing Ed in photography and editing. BUT, most importantly we added, most likely, our last grandchild - Master Ethan Louis Eberhardt. All in all, a very exiting and busy month.
I tried to help Miki out by taking the girls one Friday. What a day we had. McDonald's and Classic Family Fun Center. As a young girl I used to roller skate at Classic. Wow - has it changed! I would say that it leans more toward a white trash destination. Would I go again? You bet. Here's my story. I can laugh now BUT at the time I didn't find it very funny. Sometimes being "Grandma Good" will send me over the top. Addy and London had been having a great time in all of the bounce houses. The girls then proceeded into the jungle which is a climbing and swinging area. They climb on nylon web through little tunnels and over a bridge to another area and then to get out cross back over the bridge. No one over 70 lbs and 4 feet tall could maneuver it. I watched the girls go over the bridge. A few minutes later Addy returned informing me that London had wet her pants and taken them off. I looked over the bridge and there was this little blonde, bare bottomed girl running around. Kind of with a "nana nana na" attitude. I asked Addy to go and get her and she was putting her coat on and was too tired. I then crossed the skating rink and asked an attendant for help after I explained the situation. She had a strange expression on her face and told me she'd be back. She did come back with an older man suited up with plastic gloves and another young man. They didn't know how to get in there so they opened a compartment with all of the big plastic, colored balls that kids get lost in. The balls started coming out of the opening. Then the man, who should have had a bio-hazard suit on went in forcing more of the balls out. He then, very gingerly, handed me the soaking pants and then returned for the kill - catching London. When he got her he handed her to me at an arms length. All I could think off was GET ME OUT OF HERE. I threw on London's pink suede boots and her pink parka and most likely ripped her arm out of the socket as we headed through the roller skating rink to the car. It is good to be old!
I got to go to one Alex's basketball games. When Ethan get's bigger we'll have a team. Cade, Alex, Lincoln, Zach and Ethan.

No comments: